Perform the below steps on all the servers in the farm.
1. Stop the Timer service
Start -> services.msc -> SharePoint Timer Service (SPTimerV4) -> Stop
2. Browse to %SystemDrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\GUID
Note: The Program Data folder is a hidden file
There could be more than 2 folders in this location.
3. Open the folder named as GUID’s with ‘-’ (dashed filename for the folder).
Example - 1f8c67d2-2cd9-4196-ab1a-d1a2daed2aa7
4. Arrange the files by Type. You would find few xml files and a file named cache.ini.
5. Delete all files except cache.ini (DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE - cache.ini)
6. Reset cache.ini (If you open this file, you will find a number like this – 3400261. Change the value in cache.ini to 1)
7. Start the Timer service
Start -> services.msc -> SharePoint Timer Service (SPTimerV4) -> Start.
8. Note: The file system cache is re-created after you perform this procedure. Make sure that you perform this procedure on all servers in the server farm.
9. Make sure that the Cache.ini file in the GUID folder now contains its previous value. For example, make sure that the value of the Cache.ini file is not 1.